10/22/2011

Interview: DJ Coach One

Fubar's Blog Archive Interview

DJ Coach One

DJ Coach One talks about his beginnings behind the turntables, years of mixtapes and live shows, the evolution into beat production, the formation of Knockoutking Produktion and the OvaSeas Movement, and the long list of projects he had underway at the time of this interview.

Artist responses have been preserved as originally provided.
01 For readers discovering you for the first time, give us some background on who you are and how you got started as a DJ and producer.
DJ Coach One I began to DJ in the year 1999. I have released a lot of Hip Hop Mixtapes with my partner DJ Square (Leisure / Breakz DJ Team). We do a lot of club jobs & live shows and support famous acts such as Afura, Wu-Tang, Guru, Jeru the Damaja, etc .. I have worked with the crossover band Freakore, Mobla & Gabe for some live shows as well. By the way, I am a member of the Head-Phones DJ Team (DJ Flipin Fingaz & DJ Cosh) and have even won awards. I started to produce beats in the year 2004. Needful Thinkz, Pete Bull and I arranged the label "Knockoutking Produktion" for professional music production in 2005. In 2006 we released the album "Knockout-Connection" with artists from Germany, Island and the USA. I met Johnny Bonano from the 1st Blood Music Group back in 2007 and developed the OvaSeas Movement Foundation.
02 Is hip-hop the only genre you listen to, or do other styles of music influence your taste as well?
DJ Coach One Primarily, yes, but I also listen to other music genres such as Drum & Bass & Electro.
03 What do you think distinguishes your approach from other DJs and producers?
DJ Coach One I don’t know homie, maybe my art of producing & scratching.
04 What projects were you working on at the time of this interview, and what could listeners expect to hear next?
DJ Coach One Soon we will release the “Versos Perversos LP” with the Jotaka Perverse from Mexico representing Demonios Sekt on October 24th, 2011. It will be available on I-Tunes, MP3.de, Amazon, Napster and many other platforms. I am also currently working with FUBAR on the “Bloodtrail” EP. "The Devil's Backbone" Solo LP from Pete Bull is finished (Knockout-Artist) and will be released sometime in December of 2011. Ovaseas Movement - World Domination (December 2011), Topas One - The Guerilla Warfare is finished (January 2012), Imperial Skillz Empera – Emperia (no release date at the time), Zfon Of Possession - Vinyl Riffolution (March 2012), El-Roi - Der Teufelkreis (April 2012), Yut Pira Pura - If the Sun Rises in the East (no release date at this time). So as you can see, I have a lot of projects in the works.
05 Are there any artists or producers you would particularly like to work with in the future?
DJ Coach One hmmm, I don’t know, because I have so many LP`s in the process. I haven’t thought about it .. hehehe
06 Time for the completely random question: if given the opportunity, would you have sex with Missy Elliot?
DJ Coach One I don’t know bro, how fat is she at this time?
07 Anything you would like to say to the listeners, supporters and people following your work before we close?
DJ Coach One Big respect to all my OVM brothers, fans, supporters & underground activists. Thank you for spending fire and time to make these projects global. We're on the right path my brothers. Take care & keep it underground.
Interview conducted by Fubar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, feedback and discussion are welcome. Keep it respectful and relevant to the post.