5/13/2023

7X3-21 - Stream of Competence (2023)


This album is a special one, and in so many ways. I learned a lot making this record. Part of it was the power of collaboration, and how that can push you to be your best self, especially if you truly care about the craft, and I’m still listening and learning! I truly feel like this album was a breakthrough for me as a writer and song-maker, some you can hear on this project, and other things that will shine through on upcoming releases.

This album focuses on my time in the mid to late 80s on the Lake County Hip Hop scene, and the transition into the Chicago scene, which I was an active part of from 1992 to 2002, which is when I moved away. That time was essential in the development of my career, from the work I put in with Rage Productions/Promotions, Time Travel Radio, & Caught In the Middle Magazine, and I capture that time on this album. This isn’t meant to be a history of Chicago Hip Hop project. This is a project documenting SOME of my personal memories and experiences in that scene.

I hit up EC on 4-3-22, and told him I was interested in doing a project with this production and he gave me the blessing to use whatever beats he had in the discography, as he wasn’t currently doing new production. And that was absolutely fine for me because...  more
credits
released April 21, 2023

Beats Provided by EC Illa
Scratches by DJ Pumpin Pete
Rhymes by 7X3=21
Illustration & Layout by Trixter
Mixed and Mastered by Doc Da Mindbenda


With EC Illa's blessing all beats come from these previously released EC Illa projects:

Tracks 1, 2, 9 from AKA Uptown Smitty (An Old Soul)

Tracks 3, 4, 8, 11 from Vandillism Volume 1

Tracks 6, 10, 12 from Vandillism Volume 2

Track 5 from Killa Beats Volume 3-Reap What You Sow

Track 7 from The Illa LP

No comments:

Post a Comment