9/18/2026

Aesop Rock & Blockhead - Trouble Mountain (Pre-Order)

Aesop Rock and Blockhead - Trouble Mountain announcement
Aesop Rock and Blockhead - Trouble Mountain album cover
Aesop Rock x Blockhead

Trouble Mountain

Artists: Aesop Rock & Blockhead
Album: Trouble Mountain
Release Date: November 13, 2026
First Single: Trouble Trouble
Upcoming Album
Releasing November 13, 2026

Trouble Mountain

Get into some shit at Trouble Mountain.

Growing up in NY we were bombarded with TV ads tempting us to visit the Poconos. I do not ski, but I did have relatives who lived in the Poconos area and I’ve spent many weekends there as a kid—though, of course not in a sick party lodge. Trouble Mountain is me and Blockhead’s (fake) Ski Lodge where you might meet your future spouse or you might have to fight some local ski gangs - (which I assume is a thing.) Anything can happen. (It’s a metaphor for life, y’all!)

Musically speaking, Tony and I had been quietly collecting songs for a while. I remember we took a break at around 7 or 8 songs? I think I just saw a shiny object or something. Anyway months later I listened to the songs after not hearing them for a bit and I thought - these are something! We then got into a sort of second wave and finished out the record. At some point in the middle, the song “Trouble Trouble” came to be - and we liked the Trouble Mountain theme enough to let it take the title.

— Aesop Rock

Trouble Trouble — Official Video

“Trouble Trouble” A potent visual manifestation for the album's theme, the video for “Trouble Trouble” animated by Justin “Coro” Kaufman features a skier at the fictional resort finding themselves in increasingly fraught and surrealistic circumstances.

Physical Editions

Vinyl · Cassette · CD
Trouble Mountain Physical Editions

View available physical editions and merchandise through the official Aesop Rock store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, feedback and discussion are welcome. Keep it respectful and relevant to the post.