Fubar x MagiCxbeats · No Savior Coming
Above It, Not Beyond It
Artist: Fubar
Producer: MagiCxbeats
Format: Single
From: No Savior Coming
Producer: MagiCxbeats
Format: Single
From: No Savior Coming
About the Single
“Above It, Not Beyond It” is about building a better life without pretending you’ve escaped what shaped you. The song looks at the distance between external progress and internal healing. How survival, discipline, dependability, and even success can become forms of armor while old damage continues to influence the way you think, react, and connect with people. Within the larger concept of No Savior Coming, the track challenges the idea that a new environment, a better life, or personal achievement can save you from unresolved grief. You can rise above where you came from without being completely beyond it.
Lyrics
From the rooftop traffic pulsed through the avenue like veins
Stood above the city while balancing the weight
The skyline dimmed as I was standing in the rain
Distance couldn't clear all the static in my brain
Now I'm trapped inside a maze, labyrinth of pain
Survival drew the map along the path I had to take
Writing while I'm channeling the hate
I stay in the dark since you can't see a shadow in the shade
Held it in a passionate embrace
Every road leading toward the future seemed to travel through a grave
The view is unfamiliar but only the altitude has changed
Built around a past I couldn't shake
Now examine what I say
Built a better life but every portrait keeps the damage in the frame
Peace only lasted for a day
The armor that protected me was who I gradually became
Still governed by the many habits that remain
Dependable became another mask I had to make
The reason that my attitude is strange
Careless words can make the past come and battle me for days
The gravity's insane
Never found the exit, I slipped between the bars and happened to escape
Trying to have an interaction is a waste
Even too much love at times feels like a cannon to my face
Seeing myself inside of people I despise
Bleeding from inside while I'm reaching for the light
There is meaning I assign
Every explanation builds another wall from the reasons I provide
Discipline became the weakness I disguise
Wearing armor forged from the feelings I denied
Transporting history like luggage
That I promised I would leave off to the side
Lost the comfort of illusion when I started seeing through the lies
Elevation changes as the scenery divides
Basically it's freedom redefined
Built a home above the wreckage, searching for the peace I couldn't find
Regardless of the reasons I survived
I framed a better life around the edges of the grief I couldn't hide
Grief and gratitude are deeply intertwined
Beyond survival I'm seeking what is mine
Listen / Download
First Single
No Savior Coming · First Single
Fire Under Snow
“Fire Under Snow” explores buried anger, survival, and what remains alive beneath a calm exterior.
Listen / Download →
Fubar x MagiCxbeats · Above It, Not Beyond It · No Savior Coming
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments, feedback and discussion are welcome. Keep it respectful and relevant to the post.