1/22/2014

Interview: Benihana Kenobi




Enter Benihana Kenobi !!!

01. For those who aren't familiar with you, tell us a little about yourself. When and why did you begin making music?

Answer: I started making music because that first Linkin Park album was so dope. Had to do some shit like that. Started rapping when I was 6 just never really stopped.

02. Which artists were you influenced by coming up? Which artists influence you currently?

Answer: Non-Phixion, Jedi Mind Tricks, Linkin Park and Atmosphere as a kid, now I'm mostly just inspired by the guys I know and talk with everyday like The Savage Brothers and Danegurous basically. My homie Human Cannon is a big part of what I do musically as a listener. Oh yeah and I still listen to Haystak.

03. Did you start out listening to Rap or was it another genre?

Answer: I started out listening to older Rock music, was much more into P.O.D., Linkin Park,Led Zeplin and Jimi Hendrix.

04. What would you say separates you from other artists currently in the game?

Answer: My friends are way cooler.

05. What are your thoughts on record labels nowadays?

Answer: I want to be signed before August and plan on it. I'm not worried about record labels, make them a record, let them push it, if you get fucked you get fucked – make another album.

06. Who have you worked with in the past and who would you like to work with in the future?

Answer: I just want to work with Ill Bill. I don’t really care about anyone else. Adlib is the shit. Savage brothers and Danegurous. That’s it. William Cooper and Miilkbone, Miilkbone got on a track with me on an Al'Tarba beat and that’s pretty much the coolest part of my life so far.

07. Which albums have you released to date and which are currently in the works?

Answer: I have no albums, something always goes wrong. I got an album dropping this March and another one on 9/11 with all my Al'Tarba type dope joints.

08. If given the chance to have a 5 minute 1 on 1 with Kanye West, what would you ask/say?

Answer: Man me and Kanye chill everyday. He owes me 4 dollars.

09. Is there anything else you would like to add?

Answer: #MetroZoo

No comments:

Post a Comment