I was asked to review this EP with no prior knowledge of Fubar, which meant I came to it without any preconceptions or expectations—arguably the ideal way to approach someone’s music for the first time. This eight-track EP is the latest offering from Illinois rapper Fubar, released to celebrate his blog reaching 20,000 views while also giving listeners a taste of what’s to come.
The EP opens with “Visionary,” and it immediately establishes Fubar’s style and delivery. He has a flow that manages to sound effortless while still carrying plenty of conviction. His lyrics are thoughtful and introspective, making this a strong opening track. “It Is I” picks up the pace, and Fubar handles the change in tempo with ease, maintaining clear delivery and excellent timing throughout.
The next five tracks feature collaborations with a variety of artists and bring a noticeable Latino rap influence to the project, particularly on “Continuum of Violence.” These collaborations add another dimension to the EP and highlight Fubar’s versatility, as well as his willingness to experiment and work with different artists and styles. The project closes with “Weaponized Dope,” which brings things back to the lyrical focus of “Visionary” and allows Fubar’s writing and delivery to take center stage once again.
Overall, I really enjoyed the EP. It gives listeners a strong introduction to who Fubar is as an artist and what he has to offer, while doing exactly what a project like this should do: leaving you interested in hearing what comes next. The production is clean, and the choice of beats complements Fubar’s style while giving him enough variety to showcase his versatility.
If you haven’t downloaded the EP yet, I strongly recommend checking it out—and keeping an eye on Fubar’s future releases.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments, feedback and discussion are welcome. Keep it respectful and relevant to the post.